Here are some pictures of the fabric book I have created for the Sweet Sisters Round Robin. I have chosen the theme Flowers.
The cover is made from Sinemay and I used strips of fabric to embroider the flower. (I have no idea how to turn this photo round in Blogger - sorry!). I backed it with some old shirt fabric, used
Fast2Fuse Interfacing and chose a pink dyed cotton fabric for the inside.
I also added a couple of pockets back and front.
The cord is made from a strip of the pink cotton fabric rolled and free machined with a zigzag stitch. I didn't want the cord to show on the back cover and interrupt the flower so I have just fixed it in place with a couple of zigzag stitches.
The pages are made from calico and wadding, and the edges are zigzagged. I have punched two eyelets in each page but I still have to get the hang of doing this technique properly as the eyelets often fall out.
I have used a magnetic clasp for the fastening because I wanted to practise this technique in advance of using it on a bag and then hid it behind a Suffolk Puff, although I know this doesn't work from the design point of view. I forgot to consider the thickness of any additions to the pages too so the fastening might end up not doing up properly by the time the book gets back to me, but never mind, because I have a Plan B.
I decided I wanted to start the book of with a tulip and I used my embellisher and free machining to create the first page.
I know only two of the people in the Round Robin but I am really looking forward to not only stitching pages on the themes others have chosen, but also getting my completed book back and seeing how others have interpreted my theme.