Saturday 8 September 2007

Village Show

Today was the Village Show and it was my only second time of entering, having moved here 18 months ago.


I was really delighted with the results: I won two First prizes and two Seconds:

So this - a collection of hand and machine embroidered ATCs




















and this - a shoulder bag made from hand dyed fabric, decorated with applique and hand made buttons
















and this - a handmade book
















and this - chalk on paper

















means that I won this:

The Dawson Trophy for the most points in the Handicraft section.



I was reliably informed by my next door neighbour that her husband had won it last year, so I can see some friendly neighbourly rivalry going on next year!

This amazing cushion won the Embroidery cup

















but my personal favourites of all the 410 entries were these




Aren't they absolutely gorgeous.


Tomorrow I am off to http://www.gitesvendee.com/gitesvendee_index.htm in France with my City & Guilds group and our tutor for a week's embroidery course entitled Sea Themes with Val Holmes. I am really looking forward to it. Hope to have lots of photos to show you next time.

3 comments:

ute textilkunst said...

I like your blog, very inspiring
Ute

English Rose said...

Congratulations Lesley, not a bad haul for a newcomer! loved the fruit and veggie monsters, and the black work cushion was stunning.
Welcome to blogland too, you'll be glad you took the plunge.
Have fun in France, Val's courses are supposed to be great from what I have heard, although I have not been lucky enough to go on one myself.

Unknown said...

WOW ..... WELL DONE !!!! Looks like you have some good entries at your show !

Sorry I was a bit flakey on the phone Sunday ! Enjoy yourself in France =)