Monday 31 December 2007

Christmas time

Boo,Winston and Arnie were last seen heading off to their respective homes on Christmas Eve. They didn't look very happy at the thought of being parted.


I promised myself some creative time over the holiday period. I made some printing blocks from polystyrene cutting the shapes with a soldering iron. This is how Frances Pickering does it,and I have to say it works wonderfully. The soldering iron just glides through the polysytrene, although I did have to work by an open door because of the fumes!


Then I mixed up lots of transfer dyes and painted and printed several sheets of paper. I have a specific project in mind for these, but more of that at a later date.

I also made a photo album with the goodies I had purchased recently from Falkiners Fine Papers in Southhampton Row.


The album measures about 7 x 7 inches. Having had a quick demo from a very helpful assistant in Falkiners, I included a spacer for the photos.


I also made a little A6 sized notebook, which is ideal for popping in a pocket or a bag.


Now, if I could only find my house keys I could get the car out of the garage, and go and get some shopping! I have been looking for them since yesterday afternoon. They must be indoors as I opened the front door to come in. I am always losing things. Saturday I 'lost' the eggs in the fridge, sent Hubs out to the corner shop to get some and as he puts them away in the fridge, he immediately 'finds' the other ones. I have for years lost gloves every winter. The children always threatened to put them on strings for me, like little children have. Well this year I am pleased to say I haven't lost any. I just don't wear them any more!

What do other people regularly lose? Do tell as I am sure I can't be the only scatterbrain around.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Still not found them !!! I often put things down in a safe place which doe snot come to mind when I need them !!!

I've lost my wedding certificate. Well I say lost more don't know what safe place I left it in !! I need this so I can renew my passport ... Sounds odd but the last one I had before I got married and since then I married a guy with the same surname so now I have to PROVE I am married !!!!

Kentish Maid said...

Oh Lesley!!
I bought a soldering iron some months ago, one with interchangeable tips, and I cannot find the tips anywhere. I just know I have put them somewhere safe, so I am comforted by the fact that they will eventually turn up. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to try making printing blocks out of polystyrene in the Frances Pickering way.

Gina said...

Lovely things going on there Lesley. Don't need to tell you how often I lose my glasses but hope you've found your keys!

Digitalgran said...

I lose my scissors regularly! I have about 6 pairs, but can never find one when I need it. I have nails on the wall for them, but I put them somewhere else all the time.

Julie said...

I am constantly losing all sorts, mostly things I've bought for creating with, fabric, stamps, paints, oilbars you name it! I always think I'll know where things are when I put them away but I can never find them next time I need them. We have just found the patio door key a year after losing it! It turned up in the Christmas decoration box!!! Don't ask!

Gina said...

Hi Lesley, I've just given you the "Make my Day" award because I think you have a lovely inspirational blog and I enjoy reading it!
Gina x