Friday 11 January 2008

Exhibitions.

Thanks for everone that left comments on my blog about things they regularly lose. Glad I am not alone!I did find my house keys in the end ... under a piece of paper right where I had looked umpteen times!

It was back to work with avengence this week after the Christmas break. I say with avengence because it was one of those weeks when work would really get in the way of doing all those other things I had planned, or so I thought.

Wednesday I had planned on meeting friends at The Mall Galleries to see
The Society of Designer Craftsmen - an exhibition I have never been to and always wanted to. I was very well organised, prepared dinner early and put it in the oven on timer as daughter had a friend coming round to eat. Had worked more or less solidly all day Tuesday and from the crack of dawn Wednesday so I could have the day off. Left home to drive to the station and hit two major traffic jams and ended up queueing for ages. By the time I got to the station car park there were no parking places left and it was only 9.45! There is absolutely no where else to park around and I had no alternative but to abandon my trip. I was a very sad bunny. Thanks P. for telling me what a great exhibition I missed!

As a bit of a consolation on Thursday, after a meeting in London, I popped into the British Library and had a look round one of their current exhibitions
60 years of the Folio Society. http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/whatson/exhibitions/folio.html

I love books and going round I suddenly had inspiration how I could take my gravestone theme into its next phase with stitching. Will have to do some drawings etc and will post some pics in due course.

I haven't checked any blogs for a while so was delighted to read Gina's blog
http://ginaferrari.blogspot.com/ and discover that she had awarded me You Make My Day Award. (I can't add the image at the mo - blogger won't let me copy it). I was quite chuffed, I can't think I have been ever given an award for anything before. Thank you Gina. The rules mean that now I have to :

"Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."

Now I have a great excuse to spend more time in blogland and decide which 10 people to nominate.

1 comment:

Dorothy Gibbs said...

HI Lesley,
I the visit to the Designer Craftsman Exhibition, sorry you couldn't get there, but I too heard about it from Pat. Also the Folio Socity sounds good. I used to subscribe and have several of their beautiful books, especially nice is a silk bound Omar Khayam
Dorothy