Monday 14 January 2008

Photo album

Here is the photo album I made using transfer dyes onto pelmet vilene, lots of acrylic wax, hand stitching and then assembled using traditional book binding methods. The photo doesn't really show the texture or the wonderful burgundy colour of the Japanese silk bookbinding cloth. It measures 10 x 10 inches.




I also made a box to fit and had just as much fun doing this. Its made from scored mountboard, then covered with scrunched up tissue paper, with lots of layers of acrylic paint, Markal sticks and then varnished.




I hadn't tried making a box in this way before, and was really pleased with the outcome.


Thought I would just add some details of a few things I lost or forgot last week:

House keys - again.


Back door key.


Scanner connection - Not my fault. Dog had rolled over underneath the table and pulled the cable out.


Keyboard connection - dog again!


My way - not my fault. Went up to London for a meeting, and the street name was wrong on the map they had given me. When I told them about it, I didn't even get an apology. They just said they were aware of the error!


Forgot whether I had unplugged the iron on our way to a birthday party on Saturday. Made hubs turn round and go back home so I could check, and yes I had already pulled the plug out.


Pound coins I had specifically saved for the car park. Found ... in my purse!


Treasure Gold - gave up trying to find that and used Markal sticks. Naturally, found it later when I didn't need it any more.













2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I love your book and the box for it. It could have been me wrting that post! i have been transfer painting and I have also searched my workroom from top to bottom for my 2 tubes of Transfer Gold and a pot as well. These were all bought when I misplaced one. Now I have them all together somewhere. But where? When I eventually find them I am going to put each one in a different place!

Gina said...

Lovely album and box Lesley. Brought a smaile to my face hearing of all the "lost" items!