Thursday 18 October 2007

Barcelona vs Knitting & Stitch Show

The reason I didn't get to the Knitting and Stitch Show was because, although I had booked the time off work, Hubs fancied a City Break to Barcelona and I am not one to turn a holiday down.

We had a fabulous few days, staying right in the centre. Gorgeous weather meant we were walking around in tee shirts and eating outside. It was great to have such a choice of places to visit. I took loads of photos. I particularly loved Gaudi's use of curves. These were in one of his houses:


This was one of the laundry rooms. If you look carefully you can see clothes displayed on these sheer hangings. The clothes were actually holograms.

We went to the unfinished cathedral which was stunning. A few of my favourite photos:



Unfortnately, it was back to work on Monday, which we both found really hard after such a wonderful few days away.

Wednesday was great, however, as our newly formed stitchng group had our second day together. We now have a name: ZigZag. It was with gusts of laughter that we ruled out quite a few, including Gina's Babes. In Stitches came a close second but ZigZag won. I came away with two gorgeous ATCS from our swap but do you think I can find them at the moment to take a photo! No!

We continued with our goldwork using the machine, and I had a go with Lynda's braiding foot and her cording foot on my Brother machine. Decided I can't live without these, so have ordered them. Its great working with someone with a similar machine, especially as she actually teaches it. I have had this particular machine for about five years now, and am still discovering new things. The other day I used the overlocking foot with the side cutter to turn my daughter's trousers up. How quick it was! Note to myself: must be braver in future to have a go.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Makes me want to go back to Barcelona Lesley... such a beautiful city.

Digitalgran said...

I also love Barcelona, it's a most inspiring city. My friend Pat is also a memeber of ZigZag. What a wonderful name you have chosen? Have fun.