Thursday 25 October 2007

Why does it always happen to me?

I am always mesmerised by the wonderful skeins of assorted yarns that are available nowadays. They are definitely Must Have and/or Can't Live Without purchases and I am seduced into handing over my money.

As soon as I start to use them, however, they seem to become one huge tangle which is what happened yesterday to me. All I did was pull one thread out .....

I then had to spend ages sorting them out.

I knew my exercise bike would come in handy one day!Now the question is how to store them? What does everyone else do? Do you neatly wrap them individually onto little bits of card as soon as you get them, or do you struggle and swear (just a little bit) like me when you come to use them? Surely, there must be a solution somewhere in the middle?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi L...

I sort them when I am about to use them onto cards with holes in.. so you looping each colour/thread types into one hole .. So easy to remove for use.

Gina said...

I get a huge tangle like you, struggle and swear for ages then finally spend far too long untangling and wrapping them around individual pieces of card, wishing I'd done that in the first instance. Isn't it reassuring to know you're not the only one!!!