Monday 20 August 2007

Plodding on!

I am still on the learning curve with blogging. Only realised as I published my last post that you don't put the date in the title box as the date shows anyhow. Also I have no idea how to include links in to other people's blogs and why, when I incorporate photos, do they always zap to the top of the document?

Its been a busy few days as we have been entertaining the last three days - different people on each day. Great fun and great to see everyone, although it takes a bit of organising and preparation to think of three different meals and the right quantities so as not to end up with lots of left overs each day. Just have a smidgens of Summer Pudding lurking in the fridge, and hubs and I will no doubt argue as to who gets to eat that. Also some left over cold chicken and ham which daughter has offered to turn into a chicken and ham pie with puff pastry for tonight's dinner. Yum!!


All this means I haven't had much time for stitching.


I did, however, manage to glue the cover boards onto a sketch book I have been making.








I used some handmade paper I bought in a shop in Gabriel's Wharf on the Embankment. for the covers. The book is about 6 inches square.


I also used a new little gadget a friend gave me.


Its a mini bradawl and just the right size for making tiny holes in the pages for stitching them all together. Thanks P.

I have just been set a challenge to find something in my workroom that I have bought and never used, and create a small sample. At first, I couldn't think of anything. I am pretty good at using what I buy, or so I thought. Then I started looking in the cupboards! It only took me a few moments to come across the following:

Kozo fibres, silk carrier rods, silk cocoons, Pin tuck foot, Transfer dyes, Lithocoal, Softsculpt, Glitterglue. I also came across some motifs which I created on water soluble paper quite recently but haven't ... yet ... done anything with them. So spoilt for choice. Now just need to decide which to use



2 comments:

Susan D said...

I can't tell you why the photos always appear at the top but you hold the mouse on it and pull it down to where you want it to go. If you want to put a link in your post, highlight it then click on the logo that looks like the world with a link on top, that will open and you type in the web address of whoever you want to link to.

Gina said...

Mmmm... does that mean you will have to make several samples for this month's challenge Lesley? Only joking!