Thursday 16 August 2007

Thursday, 16th August



I have been reading Janet Edmonds' book Three Dimensional Embroidery, and have been inspired to create a vessel. I want to use the fabrics I dyed and "collage" pieces together to make a base fabric with an autumnal feel, before making it 3D.



One of the many things I learnt on the C&G course was to make samples.
So using calico, I stitched pleats all round and then stitched piping cord in for support.
I am really quite pleased with the outcome.
I won't get round to doing the autumn one yet as I want to make a book, as another entry for the Village Show.



3 comments:

Gina said...

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses Lesley.

maggie said...

beautiful piece, lesley. welcome to blogging.

Anonymous said...

This will be a beautiful piece...can't wait to see it finished!
Tineke