Tuesday 7 August 2007

Tuesday, 7th August 2007

My first posting is a photo of a bag I have just made for the Village Show . The Class is "any home made garment or fabric article". The inspiration came from a playday with my friend P, who set us the task of making squares and using them to embellish a bag. I dyed the fabric using the Kemshall's method on the CD enclosed with the new Thr3fold publication. It was so easy to do and just to prove it was so easy to do, I repeated the same method and created more of the same colour fabric for the lining. The buttons I created from air dried clay and painted them.




The other side is a different colourway.



This is a close up of one of the sides although the colours aren't really right.











I also intend to enter three other classes:
Any item of embroidery - not counted thread.
Any other handicraft
A sketch, drawing or painting in any medium.

More photos as the items are made.

Just been out with hubs and dog for a walk across the fields. The sky was quite stunning.


















Well, its taken me half an hour to set this blog up and write today's postings. Not too many difficulties so I am pleased with my efforts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your village show are much more organised about their craft section section names than mine .... =)

Good luck the bag looks great !

Kentish Maid said...

So glad you finally took the plunge Lesley. Love the bag

Françoise said...

That's a lovely bag!
:-)

Helen said...

welcome to bloggin Lesley... it will be lovely to drop in an visit you in this tiny corner of creative fibre-space :)